Monday 17 September 2012

FaB Burgers. Brisbane's Best Burgers- Stop 2

My next burger stop is one we've frequented for a couple of years now. I do find a lot of mixed reviews for FaB Fish and Burger Grill but I think it's a great burger joint and it has yet to disappoint us.

Parking at The Barracks is never a problem. There is a 2h limit underground parking lot and takes you straight up to the main shops. There's quite a few good restaurants around too. I've had good takeaway at the sushi train next door and for dessert you can stop by Movenpick for some delicious waffles and icecream.



Fab Burger offers outside and indoor seating. Outside is usually too busy for us and to be honest, the walkway is very well covered, it is more of a hallway rather than being 'outside' so we've never been too keen on the al fresco dining. Fab is licensed so you can enjoy a nice glass of wine here. I was about to order one this time around but just couldn't get my head around burgers and wine. For me, burgers normally go hand in hand with softdrinks so we ordered a lemon lime and bitters instead.


 

The menu has some interesting names to describe the burgers. I've tried the Miss Piggy here before which consists of pulled pork, apple chutney and aioli. I am a big fan of pulled pork. Not many restaurants in Australia make it, it's more of an American dish. I thought I should try something different this time around so we ended up sharing the Ab Fab and the After Burner.

After Burner - Chilli Beef, Lettuce, Tomato, Sour Cream, Capsicum Relish and Aioli

When the menu stated chilli beef, I was expecting mexican style chilli beef. This was just a slightly spicy beef patty. None the less it was delicious. What made it so good was the aioli combined with the capsicum relish. The relish used roasted capsicum to give a grilled flavour and their aioli reminds me a bit like the famous Ferg Burger aioli in Queenstown (not as good of course for those of you who have tried the burgers there).

Ab Fab - Prime Beef, Lettuce, Tomato, Cheese, Bacon, Egg, Avocado, Carmelized Onions, Aioli



This is your typical man's burger. Will picked it of course. There was a good chunk of bacon (you can see the ridiculously large strip of bacon rind in the above picture) and about half an avocado on top. I was disappointed that they didn't spread the avocado on the bun but rather just left it whole on top. I don't enjoy generous chunks of avocado in my bites. This wasn't as good as the After Burner but it was still enjoyable. What I notice with FaB burgers are their buns. It's the big crispy kind but it isn't hard to bite through like at other places. It has a light texture inside so when you bite it, it cuts easily and half your fillings don't fall out the other end. The burgers do come with knife and forks but we just dig in like normal people would.

Inside shot of both burgers - Ab Fab and After Burner




Chip with Aioli



This place loves their aioli. The chips came with a large serving of it and to be honest, I thought it was too rich with the chips. Perhaps a tomato relish would be nicer? On a good note though, the chips were generously seasoned with sea salt and herbs.

Overall this is a good place for tasty and different burgers. Definitely a good place to bring a group of friends for dinner and drinks without breaking the budget. They also offer $9.95 takeaway burgers Mon-Wed which is a bonus.

Dish I'd Order Again: After Burner

Review
FaB Fish and Burger Grill
The Barracks Petrie Terrace 
BRISBANE QLD 4000
http://www.fabfishandburger.com


Fab Burgers on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. I love burgers... thanks for the review will definitely try this place out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Toan. Definitely give this place a go, I probably prefer it over Just Poppy's at the moment. Keep following for the remaining three burger joints :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, you have been to Fab Burgers! Have you tried the pizza store next door? I'm also not a huge fan of aioli but only because they put garlic in it and I'm a vampire when it comes to garlic.

    ReplyDelete